- Free initial interview
- 2 prenatal visits, if desired.
- Assistance in writing your birth plan
- Support through phone and email contact, addressing any questions and concerns you may have.
- Available 24 hours a day, beginning two weeks prior to your due date.
- On call for your birth, often joining you at home.
- Continuous personal support for Mom and her partner during labor and birth.
- Immediate postpartum assistance: initiating breastfeeding support/latch.
- Helping create a calm, peaceful and supportive environment for Mom and partner.
- Labor techniques include but are not limited to: position changes, relaxation, massage, birth ball.
- 1 to 2 Postpartum visit to reflect on your birth and to help you connect with additional resources following delivery.
- Photography during pregnancy, labor and birth, as desired.
My goal is that every woman achieves the best birth experience as possible, whichever route they choose. I want every woman to look back at their birthing experience with happiness and joy and not regret or guilt. Even if the birth doesn't go according to original plan due to medical circumstances, I want each woman to know she was informed about every decision and chose what was best for her and her baby.
Certified Bereavement Doula
$ Sliding Scale
Stillbirthday Birth & Bereavement Doulas® (SBD) provide support prior to, during and after birth in any trimester. SBD doulas are both birth doulas, and bereavement doulas. As a SBD, I can provide physical, emotional, and informational support to families experiencing pregnancy loss.
I am able to:
- Provide individualized support
- Be present during appointments
- Attend the clients birth
- Be there beyond any “shift”
- Be available after hours
- Will create a sacred space (music, lights, ceremony, smell, memories)
- Hold space for the family
- Won’t treat this as “just another shift” or “just another loss”
- Hold hands and walk the family through their journey
- Provide follow-up support for weeks and months to come
- Give individualized resources and support groups
I work on a sliding scale for this service, asking families to only pay what they can afford. I know that a loss such as this is often times unexpected and additional costs involved can be overwhelming.
- Breastfeeding support
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Light housekeeping so that mom does not feel so overwhelmed
- Running errands
- Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting
- Light meal preparation
- Baby soothing techniques
- Sibling care
The first few weeks after baby comes can be a whirlwind of emotion. Balancing life with a newborn can take some adjusting. My goal as your postpartum doula to is teach you ways to make that adjustment less stressful and more enjoyable. I am trained in CPR/AED (Adult, Child, Infant).
Price Varies By Package
Mothers have reported the following:
- Avoidance of Postpartum Blues & Depression
- Rapid Postpartum Recovery
- Natural Replenishment of lost Iron and Nutrients
- Increase Milk Supply
- Reduced Anxiety
- Increased Energy
Ingredients of the Placenta:
*Gonadotrophin- the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
*Prolactin- promotes lactation.
*Oxytocin- for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant. In pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotes the feeling of connectedness with others and is often referred to as the "love" hormone.
*Interferon- stimulates the immune system to protect against infection.
*Cortisone- combats stress and unlocks stores of energy.
*Hemoglobin- replenishes iron deficiency and anemia.
*Gammaglobulin- immune booster that helps prevent against postpartum infections.
*Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII- stops bleeding and enhances wound healing.
I am triple certified in OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, Virginia Food Handlers and Association of Placenta Preparation Arts (APPAC). .
This service has not been evaluated by the FDA. Babies Happen LLC makes no medical treatment claims. Services provided are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition. Families who choose to utilize these services take full responsibility for their own health and product usage.
See "Placenta Arts" page for more information.
I am a trained midwife assistant. I am certified in NRP and CPR/AED (Adult, Child, Infant). If you need an assistant for out of hospital birth, please contact me.