1. During pregnancy, talk to your care provider about any history (family or self) of depression/anxiety.
2. Eat. Plan freezer meals before baby arrives. Have snacks like protein bars, nuts & fruit accessible. Hydrate. Take vitamins.
3. Exercise. Take a walk around the neighborhood or local park with baby.
4. Spend time with friends/family that make you feel good. Read a book. Take a relaxing bath.
5. If possible, hire a postpartum doula. Ask friends/family to run errands, do light house work, cook or bring meals.
6. SLEEP. One of the most important things you can do for your mental health is get adequate sleep.
7. If you start noticing signs of depression, talk to somebody. Call your doctor. Speak up. You are not alone.